Saturday, July 23, 2011

CSA Week 7

This week has been a busy and exciting week!  I was lucky enough to celebrate my birthday with the family and friends.  Our cooler arrived on time and full of goodies on Thursday.


In this week's delivery, we received: Cabbage, Red Potatoes, Sweet red onion; yellow Onions, Bean medley, (purple podded, yellow wax, green beans)Yellow Squash, Beets, Sweet Corn, Herb medley-Purple Basil, Flat leaf Italian Parsley,Sage, and a dozen eggs.  According to our email, we were supposed to receive white cucumbers, but we haven't tracked them down yet. 


Timmy already took all of our green beans and made some delicious green bean casserole (with wheat berries) for my surprise party on Friday.  It was wonderful and I look forward to some leftovers for dinner another night this week.  


We still have lots of cabbage and don't like coleslaw.  Timmy is helping to brainstorm some ideas for what to do with them.  June made some cabbage rolls but with my crazy schedule this week, I didn't try them until SUNDAY.  I'm a big fan of the squash, herbs, and potatoes that we've gotten so far.  I can't wait to try the corn and let you know what we think.  We are planing to serve it for meatless monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment