Monday, July 4, 2011

CSA Week 5

We were forgotten!  Our shipment did not arrive on Thursday as expected.  I don't know why and we didn't get a description either.  June called out to Silex and let them know we were missing our order and it did arrive on Friday, but very late in the evening.  So late that June and I had already left for the evening.  Thankfully, my great brother Warren received it and put it all away for us.

While the items in our cooler was everything as promised in our newsletter, I felt it looked skimpy compared to previous weeks.  We received another round of tasty taters (ok, so I'm assuming they are tasty, the last ones were great.  I haven't eaten these ones yet), green cabbage, a dozen eggs, green beans, sweet candy onions, summer squash, zucchini, & fresh blueberries.  I know June & Timmy are very excited about the blueberries.  I've never been much of a blueberry eater myself.... I detest them most of the time.  I plan to at least try the local berries to see if I can be swayed.

Right now we have 3 heads of green cabbage and we are on a mission to come up with something tasty and delicious with all this cabbage.  June and I are not big fans of coleslaw.... so we are working hard to research something else that will be yummy.  Aunt Maggie recommended finding a recipe for stuffed cabbage ~ and that we could freeze it easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment