Friday, July 29, 2011

Another Week, Another Full Cooler

We find ourselves more than halfway through summer and really enjoying the CSA.  I am extremely happy I joined and find it to be a solid investment.

With our extra cabbage, Timmy made some fresh coleslaw which we took to a BBQ.  It was different, but I am still not in love with coleslaw.  

Sooo... what's in the cooler this week? By far I am most excited about PEACHES!! We have gotten fruit again which we are all excited about.  The peaches are juicy and very ripe.  We got six of them and I'm sure they won't last too long.  We also got some of the "regulars" that we have already received and are enjoying.  Small red potatoes, beets, 6 ears of corn, fresh mint, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, white cucumber, sweet candy onion, fresh mint, summer squash, & a dozen eggs.

Through our CSA, as I believe I have mentioned before, we are also able to purchase additional items.  This week June got some fresh goats milk mozzarella.  She also ordered Apricot jam.  The jam I ordered was super delicious, so I can't imagine that this flavor will be any less than exceptional.

This week was a busy week for us and we didn't get to cooking as much at home.  June and I did take our fresh cucumbers along with us to our Muny picnic.  Wednesday we rocked out to Night Ranger, Foreiner, and Journey at Riverport.  Thursday we had a camogie recruitment meeting.  We grilled corn and had scrambled eggs along with a salad.  Tonight (Friday) for Dinner Timmy and I had the rest of the salad from Thursday, but made it better by adding some yummy blue cheese and red onions from the CSA.  Yum yum.  We accompanied our salad with green beans, wheat berries, homemade bread crumbs, a smidge of butter, & fancy imported Parmesan cheese.  It was delicious and very simply made.  We also had 3 cheese tortellini and fabulous gourmet chicken meatballs from Trader Joes.  It was a great meal that was polished off with home cooked goodness, a bit of love, and a peach for dessert.  Yum yum......

No comments:

Post a Comment