Monday, January 16, 2012

Winner!! Winner!!

Until recently, I've not put too much effort into entering contests
and competitions. But I've had the chance and gotten lucky.  A few
months ago, I won dinner for two by an underground restaurant called
Demitasse.  Tim & I enjoyed a fabulous dinner "on the house" and got
to meet some new folks.


With all the fun of the wedding hoopla, I figured I could use some
info about our wedding as the subject.  I submitted our "proposal
story" to the Recently Ringed column that runs in Alive Magazine.
After putting the pieces together and adhering to their specific
guidelines, I sent the e-mail off with the specified 5-6 photos.  I
got an e-mail back the next day letting me know that our story would
run in the March edition of Alive.  I'm very excited!!


Next, as I was browsing the web in search of bridal shows to attend, I
stumbled upon a contest about writing a blogpost about your proposal.
I entered a contest on the Off White Wedding Show website that was for
a small gift pack from Sublime Stitching. I won the wedding wishes
pattern & got to pick a textile to put it on. I chose a cute 1/2
apron. I asked Tim to pick out something for me to embroider too. The
pattern comes with a bride, groom, cake, toasting set, flowers, and
some wedding bands to put onto whatever surface I want. I was thinking
about maybe doing dish towels or something for the kitchen -- one of
our favorite places - as well. I'll keep you posted on my progress.


To see my winning blog post, click here. There is also 2 cute pics of
Tim and I with the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment