Sunday, December 18, 2011

Old Navy Bundle Up Bash

So... non-wedding post here.  But still... I promise a bit of fun.  I am a crowdtapper -- it's a website that allows you to give feedback to brands and rewards you with points and fun stuff.  I am party of the Old Navy Style Council which is probably the best brand on crowdtap.  

This time, my "task" was to host a party at Old Navy and bring three friends.  In exchange for our time, we were rewarded with a new sweater, pair of pants, and a winter accessory.  It took a little while to coordinate a time (my work schedule has been nutty recently) and it took me a bit more asking than I thought it would to get three volunteers.

We met up at the Old Navy at 170 & Ladue here in St. Louis.  We were there for well over an hour (who knew it took so long to get just the right outfit?) and enjoyed ourselves.  The cords that they had were the clear favorite -- three of us took home cords in a sweetheart cut, a variety of colors.  Mine are a dark grey and they feel soooo soft.  Really really soft.  It's great.  We all got very different sweaters and accessories. The nice thing about Old Navy is that they offer a variety of tastes and styles.  I had a mixed bag of ladies there.  One had not been in Old Navy in years and thought that last time she was there everything was set up for teeny boppers/tweens.  Not geared towards adults.  I had the opportunity to show her that there was a whole bunch of items that fit into her style.  I also brought a friend that has a very unique style and is very expressive.  Things that looked strange on me, looked great and perfectly put together on her.

As I mentioned, three of us picked cords... and the fourth picked a pair of jeans.  Old Navy jeans come in a variety of cuts, colors, flares, etc.  It was nice that she was able to find a pair that worked for her as well.  As far as sweaters went, we all picked ones that were very different.  I got a lovely sparkley silver sweater.  Another one picked out a fuzzy cable knit sweater, a very classic design.  My uniquest friend picked what I called the "un-sweater."  It was very loosely knit and open, the kind of sweater you need to wear with a tank top or cami underneath.  The final sweater was one of those newer open vest type sweaters.  It's called a poncho here.

For accessories, we all migrated towards the scarves.  I picked a lovely black scarf that has silver ribbons through it.  It matches the sweater wonderfully.  One girl settled on a simple fleece scarf after they rejected the first one she picked out for her trip to Paris.  Another one snagged an infinity style scarf, which looked adorable.  And our final member of the party, picked a fidora hat.

All in all, a fun evening and lots of cool stuff to see and look at.  We were able to enjoy each others company and pick out outfits for upcoming holiday parties.  It's my favorite part of crowdtap -- being able to share the wealth.  I've gotten lots of buzz after this one... perhaps I'll have some new friends joining the style council.

No comments:

Post a Comment