Friday, April 27, 2007

Shopping Spree & Davenport

So,... I finally left the island! I have been on Waiheke for too long... since I landed in the end of February actually. It's been good fun and all, but I was ready to climb back on the ferry and head for another shore. Davenport ended up being my destination.

Davenport is a lovely little coastal town. It has plenty of historic and pretty buildings. I went on the historical walk that the helpful lady at the info center gave to me and just enjoyed my afternoon. I read the history as I traveled around and enjoyed the view. It was warm and sunny, so I soaked it all up. They say its fall here, but the climate in the Auckland area is rather mild. It doesn't snow here and so I'm used to cooler falls and harsher winters. Thus, there fall is still very agreeable to me.

After enjoying my afternoon in Davenport, I headed into Auckland. I reached Auckland via ferry (which is also how I arrived in Davenport). It's a quick 12-15 minute ferry ride and is nice. I proceeded to shop my socks off and enjoy it. I went up "K Road" (the actual name of the road is like 14 letters long and since its a Maori dirivertive, I wouldn't be able to pronounce it anyway.) It was quite fun shopping and very addictive. So many things are different and I want to buy them all. After spending too much money, I got onto the wrong ferry and went to Half Moon Bay by accident. Yikes.

I did eventually make it back to Waiheke and enjoyed relaxing into bed and thinking about all of my lovely purchases. He he he ...

Davenport & more of Waiheke

No comments:

Post a Comment