Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Engagement Party

As the wedding planning has been going along well, it's time to start celebrating.  We were lucky enough to have my Aunt Colleen host an engagement party for us yesterday afternoon.  While my bridesmaids are from around the country, all of Tim's groomsmen are from here.  We were able to get all six groomsmen, our usher, and both dad's together.

Aunt Colleen set up everything and had a lovely toast for everyone.  She had some bubbly wine for all the adults and sparkling juice for the wee ones.  She had gotten lots of cups and everyone was able to give a toast.  My dad went first, followed by Rich (Tim's dad), and then Aunt Colleen.  Aunt Kathleen chimed in with the last toast which was simple but true.  She said that good marriages are created by people that treat each other well again and again (or something like that).  Either way, it sounded lovely (for those that could hear) and was very sweet.

My dad made arrangements to get a cake from a guy Virgil who works with him.  Virgil does wedding and specialty cakes as a side business. It was a lovely sheet that was decorated with a holiday theme.  It had holly as a decoration and green.  It was white cake and had a pretty frosting that was certainly made.  He also accented it with some of those lil sugary silver decorations.  Yummy!! To top it off, dad also got a "small" wedding cake sample.  By small, I mean it would have served 25-35 people.  This one was chocolate with a minty flavor.  I'm not sure exactly if the chocolate cake had mint in it or if it was the peppermint frosting that was strong enough to make it taste perfectly holiday.  We had a part of the chocolate cake for dessert, after dinner, which was after the actual party.

Thanks for everyone who came to the party !! I hope to get some pictures up shortly.... but I didn't bring my camera so I will have to wait and see who can get them to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment