Monday, June 6, 2011

CSA Week 1

WE HAVE GOT IT!!  Round 1 has been delivered.  We actually received it last Thursday.... we got all sorts of delicious stuff!  So far, it's a hit.  We do have one item we're not sure what it is -- we are guessing collard greens.

This post is authored by Liz.  A little bit about me:  I have recently found out that I am a diabetic.  (Don't know which kind yet..., that's how new.)  One thing that we know is that I need to be on a low-carb, low-fat, no-sugar diet.  What does that leave?  Lots of green things: veggies of course!  We had signed up for the CSA before my diagnosis.  Now we are working on utilizing our CSA to help my diet and eat healthy.  I am looking forward to the new challenge.


So far.... we have grilled some veggies, I've had at least two salads, and we were able to make a low sugar diabetic friendly Strawberry Shortcake.  June was able to execute it on Friday and we got to eat more on Saturday.

Timmy will hopefully posting soon about what came in the cooler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment