Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Engaged!!

It's official -- on Sunday, August 7th Timothy Charles Linck asked me to marry him.  (I said yes ;))  We are up in Ottertail, MN.  It's a very special place to me for several reasons.  I have many fun memories of spending my summers on the lake, learning to water ski, fishing, shopping, and cooking.  We also planted a special tree over looking the lake in memory of my mother with her ashes at the root of the tree.  As a family, we look forward to coming to the lake and remembering my mother's favorite place as well as creating new memories.

Sunday was Tim's 29th birthday.  It was a lovely sunny afternoon and we all were low-key and relaxing.  After I gave Tim his birthday present (some new gym gear for the upcoming Rock and Roll Marathon we are 'running' in October), he asked if we could take a walk across the street because he had something for me.

As we crossed the street, just the two of us,  Timmy held my hand tightly and then we shared a quiet but intense moment.  Tim retrieved the ring from it's hiding place and told me that the best birthday present that I could give him was to agree to marry him.  He told me that I made him the happiest he's ever been and wanted to make a promise of forever.  I was overcome with emotion and shed tears of joys.

Excitedly I ran over to the house to show June O'Sullivan, followed by a run down to the dock to show everyone as they came back from tubing out on the boat.

My engagement ring is from Tim's maternal grandmother whom I never met.  It is gold and inlaid with diamonds and rubies (my birthstone).  It is a 'brilliant' cut or round cut center diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment